Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is American Career College a good school in Southern California, Torrance or Anahiem?

I’m thinking of attending the school for a dental assistant, so has anyone gone to that school or know the ratings on it

Is American Career College a good school in Southern California, Torrance or Anahiem?
I haven't attended the school but I have seen commercials for this and many other similar institutions. Here is a link regarding American Career College:





http://www.education-online-search.com/s...





They're accredited under:





American Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).





The main issue I see if that you will probably not get a single class accepted if you attempt to transfer to a traditional college. Also, most employers will probably place this college below others when selecting applicants so you might have a hard time getting a job.





If you also look at this link:





http://www.abhes.org/areasofstudytemp.as...





Click on the list of accredited institutions and you'll see that there are no major university accredited at this college. If this was a good college, they could just apply for accreditation with a regional body...





I can't tell you what decision to make but I would personal not go to any college where I could not transfer to another college in my area if I decided that I did not like the school.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net